Farm History & Stewardship
Our farm was settled on the banks of Fort Creek in what is now Hancock County, Georgia about 1785 and has been in our family since 1840. The farm, with its impressive collection of eighteenth and nineteenth century buildings has been described by The National Register of Historic Places as "one of the most intact, antebellum, self-sufficient farm complexes existing in Georgia today."
The larger of our two smoke houses. We are replacing damaged siding while keeping as much of the original material in tact as possible.